Monday, April 5, 2010

Tats and brats!

K, so I have been thinking about getting a tattoo for YEARS! I mean YEARS. In high school I wanted my boyfriends name on my wrist, glad I didn't do that:D Then, I wanted the other boyfriends baseball number on the back of neck, REALLY glad I didn't do that. And now I am REALLY wanting to get one. I am turning 32 this Friday and have decided to just do it. It's my body and I am 32 freaking years old, and my dad is getting to old to chase me down and scrub it off with an SOS scrubber right?!?! Well, probably not. He is in damn good shape for his age, BUT I don't think he would like to make a scene with his two beautiful grandchildren that I bore present, well at least I hope he wouldn't. I have always been his little defiant, bratty girl so I am sure he won't be surprised.
NOW here is the dilemma. Where to get it? Not the ink shop, but the place on my body that I am going to be happy with it for the rest of my life. So, when I am wrinkly and old I will still like it. I have debated on getting on my foot, but like I have mentioned in a previous post, I am a flip flop junkie and I heard they tend to need to be touched up more often when rubbed all the time by the flip flop. That is still my number one spot. Then there is my wrist. LOVE the wrist tattoos. I was thinking of getting SCOTT for our last name, but I went out with a guy named Scott in high school, HORRIBLE boyfriend, and I hope that people wouldn't think it was from when I dated him. BLAH! So, if I do the wrist tat I was thinking of three stars. One for my Jac, one for Ele and the other for Phin. OR my kids names on my left wrist. OR on my neck right under my hair line is another option. I am still trying to decide what to get and where. Such a big deal. BUT I really really want one and I am tired of worrying about what the ward folks and the in laws and my parents will think. I am Kelly and damn it! I am doing it! SO, stay tuned because I am planning on doing it this weekend for my birthday. pictures to come. Feel free to leave your comments on what your opinions are. I don't care if you criticize me, I am still going to do it, so please speak your mind. That is where I am a brat and don't give a RATS:D
Well, I am sure I will also be posting my daddy's HUGE steal blue eyes glaring at me, but we will see:D

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Hey Kel! I have been wanting one forever too! My big problem is that I don't know what I want yet and until I'm 100% positive about it I don't want to put it on my body. I've drawn up a couple of things but nothing has seemed to work. Let me know when you decide to go...maybe we can get one together and the shop can help me finalize my idea. I think you're brave for putting this out there. Not everone loves them! Good for you. Love ya lots.

shelby said...

Kelli...I had to just laugh and laugh at this only because I have a couple of tatoos and have felt the same way about my mom or my dad chasing me down...but my sister got one the week before, and my other sister got one the same day...so at least they had other people to chase too!!! Good luck with what ever you decide!!

Lexi said...

You make me laugh. Just so we're clear- I am not going to judge you! ;) I don't have any tatoos but I have a tattoo guy- if you want a recommendation. :D Good luck with the tough decision.

Lana said...

Happy Birthday Kel!!! I love you so much. One of the reasons why I love you so much is because you are REAL and HONEST! Of course you should get a tatoo if you want one. I'm glad you are doing what you want instead of being persuaded by others. The older we get we realize this is the only life we get and we shouldn't waste the experience. I am excited to see what Tatoo you get. It will be amazing! I hope you have a really fun weekend. Thank you so much for being such a supportive and sweet friend. I miss you!!!!

Meg said...

I won't judge you either. In fact, not very many people know, but I actually have a tattoo. Probably wouldn't of guessed that huh? Mine is just a reminder of how careless I once was. The tattoo doesn't have any meaning and it's kind of embarrassing to me that I have it. Thank goodness it's in a place I can't easily see.

By this time you've probably already gotten one, so my opinion is probably late and doesn't matter. For what it's worth, I wish I didn't do it.

Can't wait to hear what you decided, though. Hope you had a great birthday weekend.

AuntieM said...

This is Cousin Michelle (Sutton) Johnston. I know it's been a while since you posted this, but I would like to say ditto to what Meg said above. I feel the same way about my tattoo, almost exactly. It's good that you're thinking about it more. Jac has a good point and I dread the day that my kids might use my "example" as justification to do things they shouldn't.