Monday, May 18, 2009

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!!!

WOW!! We have had a very busy, crazy, yet AMAZING past weekend.
Ele had her very first Dance recital with Jive last Friday and Saturday. (posting pics later.) We had lots and lots of practices, dress rehearsal, and go go go!!!! Pretty hectic but WONDERFUL! She did awesome! Jac and I are very proud parents. She was patient, listened well, and just really enjoyed the whole experience. She LOVED being on stage and performing. And, I have to say, for an almost 4 year old, she did the dance pretty good!
Jac, my parents, my sweet grandma, and Jac's dad all came and watched her Friday night. We had some very proud grandparents. Ele got her first bouquet of flowers from her dad. Very sweet! They are on her armour in her bedroom. She is very proud of them.
Last Saturday was CRAZY! Jac had to shoot the Auto Expo. at Thanksgiving Pointe. So I was on my own with to and from with two kiddies! My super sweet parents took Phin for the afternoon so I could be the stage mom for the 2:00 performance and not have to deal with Terminator himself, and 13 screaming little girls at the same time! Thanks again mom and dad!! Phin was an angel for them. He LOVES his Gram and Bapa very much!
I had a TON of fun being with Ele and getting to be the "mommy" for her class before their performance. After the 2 pm show, Ele and I headed over to our sweet friend Tami's baby shower. Ele loved it! They had a really fun yard for her to play in, and I got to relax and enjoy some good friends before heading back for two more performances. We headed to my parents and picked up Monkey and headed back down to the recital. Ele was really excited to get to perform again and again! Monkey Do was tired, but being super patient and good.
After the Auto Expo, Jac headed up to Salt Lake for the AIGA 1\100 awards. His department at UVU were getting some awards. Well, to his surprise, my very AMAZING, TALENTED, OH SOOOOOOO GOOD LOOKING Budah, got 1 out of 10 awards!! It is called the Copper Ingot award. He got it for one of his shots for the UVU magazine he did a couple issues ago.
l am SOOOOOOOOOOOO proud of him!! He has worked so much, and so hard this past year. He TOTALLY deserved the award, and I think he is smiling a bit bigger today! Good Job Babe! We are soooooo proud of you! I am a bit sad I didn't get to be there to see him receive the award, BUT, I was sure excited to see my sweet little Ele dance her little heart out! She truly is our gorgeous glowing Blue! We love you Ele! She has a birthday coming up, and I can't believe my baby girl is going to be 4. WOW! Where does it go? I love you Blue. Good job dancin'! And, Phin, good boy sitting there through all the chaos! All in all, I am a very proud, happy, and glowing mom and wife. AND, Jac is also glowing because he will be getting his Motorcycle back from the shop after 7 LONG months of it getting chopped. I will be posting pics of it later too!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Kelly,
Sounds like a super fun and busy weekend. Congratz to Jac on the copper ingot. I actually know what that is! Can you believe it? I hope you are all doing well. Have a super memorial day!
Love,
Kristen

Precia said...

Hey Kelly - I am already having dance-class-talk-to-Mom's withdraws. I didn't know you had a blog. Now I am going to stalk you. ha ha

Lana said...

That sounds SO adorable! I can't wait to see the pictures from the performances. Congratulations to Jac on his award. He totally deserves it. I always look for his pictures in the magazine and I am ALWAYS impressed. He is so talented. Kel, I love to read what you write. You sound so happy and you have such a perfect little family. I am so happy for you. Love ya!